Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLegal Services and Human Rights

Courts, Human Rights, Lawyers and Legal Representation, Community Legal Clinics, Legal Aid, Police...

Accidentally worked more than 20 hours 

Mani$$$
Mani$$$

Posted On: 4/8/2023
Mani$$$
Mani$$$
Hi, I'm allowed to work 20hr per week, I started working in mid Jan, but in recent paycheck I got payment of 48hr of 2 weeks. I haven't worked more than 20hrs per week in past, it was my first because of negligence. I didn't do it on purpose. How can I rectify this mistake?
link

Posted On: 4/14/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It may be best to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer for advice specific to your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me. You may also find a comprehensive list of free to low cost legal services in Immigration law on StepstoJustice.ca.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search. 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link