Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR renewal status "Returned" 

gabrielle_z
gabrielle_z

Posted On: 4/27/2023
gabrielle_z
gabrielle_z
On February 23rd 2023 I have submitted an application for the renewal of my PR card.
The submission was accepted.
On April 26th I noticed that on the PR portal website my application was marked as "returned" with the reason: "incomplete application". I really don't know why the application suddenly could be incomplete.
I did it in parallel with my husband and he did receive his renewd PR card last week.
On the Help-page it says, that in case an application is returned I should receive a checklist from IRCC regarding the documents or information about what was missing. I have not received any such checklist neither by letter or email (I did check the spam folder).
Is there any advice on how I can resubmit my application?
Thank you very much
Gabrielle
link

Posted On: 4/30/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

For updates related to your specific case it is best that you contact IRCC using their web form. If you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do? It may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

We hope this information is helpful. Please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link