Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Non Canadian Parent of a Canadian Child 

Fikir13622
Fikir13622

Posted On: 7/7/2023
Fikir13622
Fikir13622
Hello, I am a mother of a Canadian Citizen boy who is currently 8 Years old. I want to move to Canada to and send him to school in Canada. How can I get PR or Work Permit to support my son?
link

Posted On: 7/27/2023
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We can appreciate that you would be interested in finding out what your options are in this situation.

Unfortunately, the fact that your child is a Canadian Citizen does not guarantee permanent resident status, but you can still apply to immigrate to Canada. You may find some information in our Settlement.Org How can I apply to immigrate to Ontario? article.

You may also wish to seek further advice and speak to a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer regarding which application is best for you. You can connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search, 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link