Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeElementary and Secondary School

Adult Education, Elementary and Secondary School...

Documents needed for elementary school enrolling 

marianamatos
marianamatos

Posted On: 8/4/2023
marianamatos
marianamatos
Hi there!

I am preparing to move from Brazil to Canada (Ontario) as a permanent resident with my family in one year or so, and I would like some advice concerning elementary school enrollment for my 10 years old son.

Do I need to have his school reports, his academic transcript or any other documents translated, even for enrolling him or for showing his grades to the new school?

I know that there are some vaccines required to attend school, and he actually received all of them. Is it necessary to have his vaccination record translated? Or having the vaccinations described as "Completed" in the medical information sheet required by IRCC is enough?

Finally, is there any reason for having his birth certificate translated?

Thanking in advance for your help,
Mariana
link

Posted On: 8/31/2023
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You may find some helpful information regarding what you'll need to enrol your child in school here: How do I enrol my child in school? and What vaccinations does my child need? Some documents, if not provided in either of Canada's official languages (English or French) will need to be translated to ensure that administration can understand and process them. School administration offices are typically open all year, Ontario has 4 free public schooling systems, and attendance in public school will be determined by home address. Once you determine the school district you will live in, it is best that you call the administration office for information about their registration process and the documentation required.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link