Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

High School in Canada , followed by University 

Harry
Harry

Posted On: 8/10/2023
Harry
Harry
Hi - My son is already in Ontario, Canada would pursue 12th standard starting Sep'23 (on study permit) in York region. Late, this year he would also apply for University graduation programs. Since he is on study permit , please advise me possible scholarship/grants/loans to cover his university graduation fees.

Thanks in advance.
link

Posted On: 8/24/2023
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You can find some detailed information regarding OSAP eligibility in our Settlement.Org articles Who is eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)? and What kinds of financial help can I get for my education? This guide prepared by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada also contains information on how to choose where to study, how to apply to post-secondary schools and the steps to apply for a study permit.

It may help to look at the college/university website for scholarships and bursaries they provide. NewYouth.ca has an article with possible leads for scholarships and bursaries listed from colleges and universities all over Ontario, I hope it's a helpful read!

You might also wish to encourage your son to seek out the help of a guidance counsellor if he still needs to do so. Guidance counsellors in high schools are equipped to help students navigate their post-secondary options.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to post them to the discussion forum here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link