Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Initial PR card 

Christine
Christine

Posted On: 9/13/2023
Christine
Christine
Hello good morning, I am new to Canada and I have not received my card since I came Because it was sent to a wrong address and those people were it was sent they say they sent it back by post office, so am asking how can I get it, we're do I start from its now coming to 3 months. Thank you
link

Posted On: 9/18/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us, if the family who received the package returned it to Canada Post with the information that it was sent to the wrong address, they will either re-deliver the package to the correct address or return to sender. In either scenario, you will want to contact IRCC by phone or using their web form for advice on how to proceed.

In the meantime, if you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link