Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Absences 

Ruth Jane
Ruth Jane

Posted On: 10/4/2023
Ruth Jane
Ruth Jane
Hi, my name is Ruth Jane, I go by Jane mostly.

I filed my application for a Renewal of my PR Card, it was rejected.

I have now added my photo copy of Passport and Landing Papers.

Signed the Photos.

* I am stuck on this one article: Absences. I have family living in America, and I got back and forth quite often.
It was noted : Applications dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC will be required that you update your absences, re-sign and re-date the application.

I sent the application in on September 02 2023. I have been back to America since then for about 7 days.

Is it possible someone can explain to me what I am suppose to do about the absences.

Thank You.
link

Posted On: 10/31/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

For PR renewal, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will look back at your time in Canada over the previous 5 years from the date they receive your application. You may also find helpful information on this matter in the previous discussion forum thread, When does the 5-year period begin? To meet these residency obligations, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period. The 5-year period is assessed on a rolling basis.

You may want to contact IRCC directly, using their web form to request case-specific information and discuss why your application may have been rejected. It may also be useful to note that processing time does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and starts once they receive a completed application. You may also wish to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation.

If you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link