Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Renewal of PR Card 

Johncc
Johncc

Posted On: 10/24/2023
Johncc
Johncc
Dear Sir,
My friend's PR card is expiring on May 24, since PR card can be renewed if expiring in less than 9 months. He wants to apply for renewal in December 2923.

Question here is how does he show his travel chart, is it from the day his application back to five years or
the expiry date of
link
Johncc
Johncc

Posted On: 10/24/2023
Johncc
Johncc
PR card renewal

Hi, My friend's PR card is expiring on May 2024. Since PR card can be renewed which are expiring in less than 9 months. He is planning to apply in December 2023.

Question here is the, preparation of travel chart , can it be back wards (5years) from the date of application or from the expiry date of the PR card?
link

Posted On: 10/31/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

For PR renewal, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will look back at your time in Canada over the previous 5 years from the date they receive your application. You may also find helpful information on this matter in the previous discussion forum thread, When does the 5-year period begin? To meet these residency obligations, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period. The 5-year period is assessed on a rolling basis.

Your friend may want to contact IRCC directly, using their web form to request case-specific information and discuss his application. It may also be useful to note that processing time does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and starts once they receive a completed application. He may also wish to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about this situation.

If he finds himself in a position where he needs to travel and does not yet have his PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link