Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Status of PR Card Application After resubmit photo 

stanleyzhang
stanleyzhang

Posted On: 11/26/2023
stanleyzhang
stanleyzhang
Hi all.
I submit an application for PR card renewal in September and I received an email couple days ago saying my photo is not acceptable and I need to resubmit a photo within 30 days.
I have also contacted IRCC through phone call and they are saying that they are behind by a month on opening photos so I am wondering does this means that I am already over this 30 days period since it takes them a month to open the photo that I mail even I mail my photo on the same day that I got the email on?
Will they change the application status to something like photo received when I receive the photo and just need a month before processing my photo or they are just waiting a month to just open my photo?
Thanks.
link

Posted On: 11/30/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation.

For updates and information specific to your application status with process changes like this one, it is best that you contact IRCC directly. The IRCC Client Support Centre can procide information specific to your application, you can reach them by phone (1-888-242-2100) or use their web form. If you require any further assistance, it may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

You may also find the following information in IRCC's article on confirming your permanent residence online helpful:

Uploading and submitting photosIf we return your photo, you can resubmit a new photo into the portal. Make sure the new photo meets all the photo requirements listed in the portal before you upload a new one.
Reasons your photo may be returned
  • photos are too dark
  • background is not white
  • facial features not visible
  • glare on photo
  • measurements are not between 715x1000 and 2000x2800 pixels
  • file size is above 4MB
  • other reasons – see photo requirements for details
To submit a photo
  • make sure you’re in the Permanent Residence Confirmation tab at the top of the page
  • choose the “upload photo” button
  • your photo can be
    • a professional digital photo in JPEG or PNG format
    • a scanned professional photo (don’t take a picture of a paper photo with your digital camera or phone)
    • a selfie (as long as it meets the photo requirements – submitting an incorrect photo will delay your PR card)
  • follow the directions in the photo editor window to position and crop your photo
    • click the “apply” button to validate your photo
    • your photo will show in black & white
    • you can edit and replace your photo with another photo up until when you submit it
    • you don’t have to delete the previous photo to upload a new one (it automatically replaces the previous photo)
  • check the Declaration box and click “next” to upload your photo
    • if you get a warning message that your photo doesn’t meet the requirements but you want to submit it anyway, also check the Acknowledgement box and click “Next” to continue
  • press “submit documents” (once you do this, it can no longer be changed)

We hope this information is helpful. Please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link