Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeElementary and Secondary School

Adult Education, Elementary and Secondary School...

Visitor Visa 

sshaikh2
sshaikh2

Posted On: 12/1/2023
sshaikh2
sshaikh2
Hi, one weeks ago i arrived canada with 5 years visit visa.

Following is list of courses i have completed outside canada; I am looking for some guidance how to complete high school here in canada.
How i can continue with O & A levels and then join canadian university.
How to convert my visit visa to student or study permit.
Sorry i am pretty new and struggling to find something useful on google.

5 IGCSE subjects
Maths: A
Physics: A*
English: A
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*

O Level (3 subjects)
Urdu: A
Pak Studies : A*
Islamiat: A*

AS levels (3 subjects)
Maths: Yet to receive
Chemistry: A
Physics: C

Thanks,
link

Posted On: 12/8/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

Some adult schools in some of the school boards offer credit courses for learners who want to complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma, prepare for college or university, or gain job-related training, along with specialty programs. You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles, What is a GED/High School Equivalence Certificate? and Where can I take high school courses as an adult?

You may also find it helpful to connect with an employment counsellor or settlement agency to map a path forward regarding career and possible education/training opportunities. Settlement agencies providing employment services can help find free to low-cost opportunities for his professional development. To find the nearest settlement agency, call 211. 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
alexcray
alexcray

Posted On: 12 days ago
alexcray
alexcray
sshaikh2 wrote:
Hi, one weeks ago i arrived canada with 5 years visit visa.

Following is list of courses i have completed outside canada; I am looking for some guidance how to complete high school here in canada.
How i can continue with O & A levels and then join canadian university.
How to convert my visit visa to student or study permit.
Sorry i am pretty new and struggling to find something useful on google.

5 IGCSE subjects
Maths: A
Physics: A*
English: A
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*

O Level (3 subjects)
Urdu: A
Pak Studies : A*
Islamiat: A*

AS levels (3 subjects)
Maths: Yet to receive
Chemistry: A
Physics: C

Thanks,

Hi there,
Welcome to Canada! It's great to hear about your academic achievements so far. To continue your education here and eventually enroll in a Canadian university, you'll need to follow a few steps:
  • Research Canadian High School Equivalency: Begin by researching the Canadian high school equivalency requirements in the province where you currently reside. Each province may have slightly different guidelines, so it's essential to understand the specific requirements.
  • Contact Local Schools: Reach out to local high schools or school boards in your area to inquire about enrollment options for students with international credentials. They can provide guidance on how to proceed and may offer programs tailored to students in your situation.
  • Evaluate Your Credentials: Your IGCSE, O Level, and AS Level qualifications may be recognized in Canada, but it's essential to have them evaluated by an educational credential assessment (ECA) service approved by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This assessment will determine the Canadian equivalency of your credentials.
  • Apply for Study Permit: Once you've been accepted into a Canadian high school or educational program, you'll need to apply for a study permit to legally study in Canada. You can apply for a study permit from within Canada if you meet certain eligibility criteria, including having a valid temporary resident status (such as a visitor visa).
  • Transition to University: After completing high school or equivalent studies in Canada, you can apply to Canadian universities for undergraduate programs. Make sure to research university admission requirements, including any specific prerequisites or additional qualifications required for your desired program.
  • Remember to start the process as soon as possible and seek assistance from educational institutions, immigration authorities, and educational credential assessment services as needed. Best of luck with your studies in Canada!

link