Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsoring Spouse from Afghanistan 

ice_cream
ice_cream

Posted On: 1/14/2024
ice_cream
ice_cream
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone have a good knowledge or have been through the sponsorship process where the spouse is living in Afghanistan. I am most interested to know how to deal with Police check/clearance and also birth certificate.

Anything else that I should know please feel free to share.

Thank you everyone.
link

Posted On: 1/31/2024
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You can find some detailed information regarding the requirements for sponsorship in our Settlement.Org article, How do I sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent child living outside of Canada? article.

For advice specific to your situation, you may want to speak to a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer. You may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? and What other kinds of legal help can I get? regarding this process. The Embassy of Canada to Afghanistan, in Kabul at the moment has temporarily suspended its operations. For emergency consular assistance, contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre: by email: [email protected]. by phone: +1-613-996-8885.

You can connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search, 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link