Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsoring Spouse 

Stuti
Stuti

Posted On: 2/29/2024
Stuti
Stuti
Hello,
I had a query regarding sponsoring my partner. We have been in a relationship since a long time and plan to get married. My PR application is in progress and both of us are on a work permit right now. His work permit expires in August 2024. I wanted to ask would it be better to get married now and add him in my application or wait until I get my PR and sponsor him later. Our only concern is to be able to extend work permit so as to not lose employment. Is there an option to apply for BOWP if I add him now?

Thank you very much!
link

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. We appreciate your interest in this information. PBSC student volunteers are drafting a response with legal information that should be helpful. If you require immediate or further assistance, it may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
Stuti
Stuti

Stuti
Stuti
Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. We appreciate your interest in this information. PBSC student volunteers are drafting a response with legal information that should be helpful. If you require immediate or further assistance, it may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team

Thank you so much for letting me know. Awaiting the response. Thank you again!!
link
Stuti
Stuti

Posted On: 3/1/2024
Stuti
Stuti
Stuti wrote:
Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team

Hi, just wanted to check-in if they will let us know on the thread or by email. Thank you very much again!
link
Stuti
Stuti

Posted On: 3/3/2024
Stuti
Stuti
Stuti wrote:
Stuti wrote:
Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team

Hi, just wanted to check-in if they will let us know on the thread or by email. Thank you very much again!

Hi, wanted to check-in by when can we look out for the response. Thank you again!
link

Posted On: 3/4/2024
Thank you for reaching out! You should receive a response within the next few weeks from the student, we will reply here in this thread with their response. In the meantime, it may be a good idea to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me. You may also find helpful information on sponsorship pathways on Settlement.Org and StepstoJustice.ca. I hope this information is helpful and wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link