Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

got AOR/reference number, what next? 

tangmun
tangmun

Posted On: 3/14/2024
tangmun
tangmun
i am the sponsor, i got the uci and reference number today. what do we do next?
will biometric and medical requests be mailed to my spouse who is not in canada, or me?

why did i get the uci/reference number and not my spouse, the principle applicant,?

can someone else everything please?
link

Posted On: 3/15/2024
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

If the principal applicant hasn't received information from IRCC, it is best that you contact them directly with your reference number in hand to clarify why this might be the case. For information specific to your situation or advice on how to proceed with an application, you can contact IRCC via web form or by telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only).

In terms of next steps, you may find helpful information in the After You Apply section of IRCC's Guide on Sponsor your spouse, partner or child. You can make an appointment to give your biometrics. IRCC recommends that you book your biometrics collection appointment as soon as you can to avoid processing delays.

We hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
tangmun
tangmun

tangmun
tangmun
Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

If the principal applicant hasn't received information from IRCC, it is best that you contact them directly with your reference number in hand to clarify why this might be the case. For information specific to your situation or advice on how to proceed with an application, you can contact IRCC via web form or by telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only).

In terms of next steps, you may find helpful information in the After You Apply section of IRCC's Guide on Sponsor your spouse, partner or child. You can make an appointment to give your biometrics. IRCC recommends that you book your biometrics collection appointment as soon as you can to avoid processing delays.

We hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team

can we book for biometrics before we get biometric request paper? we don't have the principle applicant's uci number yet.
link
tangmun
tangmun

tangmun
tangmun
Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team

where will biometric instruction letter come? on the portal we applied through?
link
alexcray
alexcray

Posted On: 3/21/2024
alexcray
alexcray
tangmun wrote:
i am the sponsor, i got the uci and reference number today. what do we do next?
will biometric and medical requests be mailed to my spouse who is not in canada, or me?

why did i get the uci/reference number and not my spouse, the principle applicant,?

can someone else everything please?

With your UCI and reference number, you can now access the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) online portal to complete the formal sponsorship application for your spouse. You'll need to upload all the required documents and pay the processing fee.
link

Posted On: 4/2/2024
Hi there,

According to IRCC,

If you apply online for permanent residence
  • If you submit a complete application and pay the biometrics fee at the same time
    • You’ll get the letter in your account message box within several days or several weeks.
      • We’ll send you an email to let you know that you have a new message.
  • If you pay the biometrics fee after you submit your application
    • It can take several weeks before you get the letter.
      • We’ll send you an email to let you know that you have a new message.

You may want to try and contact the IRCC directly to see if they can provide some additional information or an explanation regarding this issue.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link