Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

LONG FORM CITIZENSHIP REPLACEMENT 

sappio
sappio

Posted On: 14 days ago
sappio
sappio
Hello,
I have submitted my application to request a copy of the LONG FORM CITIZENSHIP copy that I need to submit to the Italian Consulate.
The application was returned to me stating that I had not enclosed the original Canadian citizenship/naturalization certificates and any pink slip transmission copy that was previously issued.

I sent back a letter advising them that I do not have those documents in my possession, hence the reason I am asking for the copy.
They sent the application back again as incomplete.

Am I doing something wrong? I cannot get through to the IRCC customer service agents. Is there another agency that can help me?

I look forward to your response and assistance.

Thank you

Steffannee
link

Posted On: 14 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

According to IRCC Help Centre article, My application was returned because something was missing. What can I do?
If we return your application because it’s incomplete, we also send you a letter and a checklist that explain why and what’s missing.
When you send your application back, make sure you
  • add any document or information that was missing the first time and include the letter and checklist we sent you
  • write a letter that explains why you’re changing or updating your information, or why you can’t get the document we requested
If you applied on paper and we returned your application by email, find out how to resubmit your documents.
You can use all the same documents and payment receipts to apply again. Make sure the signatures are still valid.
  • We must get your application within 90 days from the date you signed it.
  • The date you signed it can’t be in the future (postdated).
If you need to, you can fill out, sign and date new forms.
You should also read the application guide to see if anything changed since the last time you applied.

The processing time only starts the day we receive your complete application. If we returned your application by mistake, we’ll use the date we first received your application.

Since you do not have the requested documents, it would be best to discuss this situation with IRCC directly -- it sounds like you have tried calling IRCC, so you may also find it helpful to submit a web form inquiry sharing your situation and requesting advice. We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions and would like to follow up with us, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
alexcray
alexcray

Posted On: 8 days ago
alexcray
alexcray
Here are a few steps you can take to address the situation:
  • Double-Check Requirements: Review the application requirements provided by the Italian Consulate carefully to ensure that you're submitting all necessary documents. Sometimes, specific documents or forms may be required, and it's essential to confirm that you're meeting all criteria.
  • Contact the Italian Consulate: Reach out to the Italian Consulate directly to clarify their requirements and seek guidance on how to proceed. They may be able to provide additional information or alternative solutions for your situation.
  • Seek Legal Assistance: If you're still unsure about how to proceed or encounter further difficulties, consider seeking assistance from a legal professional specializing in immigration or citizenship matters. They can provide expert guidance and support tailored to your specific circumstances.
  • Explore Other Channels: If you're having trouble reaching the IRCC customer service agents, try exploring alternative channels for assistance. This could include contacting other government agencies involved in citizenship matters or seeking help from community organizations or advocacy groups.
  • Follow Up Persistently: Don't hesitate to follow up persistently with the Italian Consulate and any other relevant authorities until your concerns are addressed satisfactorily. Persistence and clear communication can often help resolve issues more effectively.
  • I hope these suggestions help you navigate the challenges you're facing with your citizenship application. Remember that you're not alone, and there are resources and support available to assist you in achieving your goals. Good luck, and I hope you're able to resolve the situation soon.
    link
    alexcray
    alexcray

Posted On: 2 days ago
    alexcray
    alexcray
    sappio wrote:
    Hello,
    I have submitted my application to request a copy of the LONG FORM CITIZENSHIP copy that I need to submit to the Italian Consulate.
    The application was returned to me stating that I had not enclosed the original Canadian citizenship/naturalization certificates and any pink slip transmission copy that was previously issued.

I sent back a letter advising them that I do not have those documents in my possession, hence the reason I am asking for the copy.
    They sent the application back again as incomplete.

Am I doing something wrong? I cannot get through to the IRCC customer service agents. Is there another agency that can help me?

I look forward to your response and assistance.

Thank you

Steffannee

It sounds like you're experiencing difficulties with your application for a copy of your long-form citizenship certificate. It's frustrating to encounter obstacles, especially when trying to reach customer service for assistance. Here are a few suggestions to help you navigate this situation:
  • Review Application Requirements: Double-check the requirements for requesting a copy of your long-form citizenship certificate to ensure you've included all necessary documents and information. Sometimes, missing documents or incorrect information can cause applications to be returned as incomplete.
  • Seek Alternative Contact Methods: If you're having trouble reaching IRCC customer service by phone, try reaching out through other contact methods, such as email or online inquiry forms. Check the IRCC website for specific contact information and instructions.
  • Contact the Italian Consulate: Since you need the long-form citizenship certificate for submission to the Italian Consulate, consider contacting the consulate directly to explain your situation and seek guidance on how to proceed. They may be able to provide assistance or advice on alternative documentation that could be accepted.
  • Legal Assistance: If you continue to encounter difficulties and are unsure how to proceed, consider seeking legal assistance from an immigration lawyer or consultant. They can review your situation, provide guidance on next steps, and potentially assist with resolving any issues with your application.
  • Patience and Persistence: Dealing with bureaucratic processes can be frustrating, but it's important to remain patient and persistent. Keep thorough records of your communications and documentation, and continue to follow up until your application is successfully processed.
  • link