Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Request document travel 

gonzzalojimenez
gonzzalojimenez

Posted On: 20 days ago
gonzzalojimenez
gonzzalojimenez
My name is Gonzalo I am officially filling this complaint regarding my daughter's document which was sent to our previous address and returned to Ottawa and has been sitting there for almost a year.
Her name is Sara
After speaking with the IRCC on numerous occasions almost every month we have been informed that you have all the information regarding our new address I was informed on two occasions that my daughter's travel document was being sent out in 4 to 6 weeks with no avail. My last attempt after speaking with you was on April 4th 2024 when I was informed that my daughter's document had been sent out on March 5th 2024 and should wait for the six week time frame for it to arrive. Needless to say we still have not received anything.
Both my wife and I received our documents before we left our previous address. This situation has become more than frustrating both my wife and myself our working long hours and are paying our taxes. It is very difficult to call the IRCC and never get a clear response. We do realize that we are not the only people that the IRCC has to deal with but we would kindly appreciate a clear response back from you asap. We our planning a trip and we urgently need our child's document that according to the Canada post tracking number it is still sitting in Ottawa. Once again it has almost been a year since we have been waiting.
Yours truly
Gonzalo
link

Posted On: 15 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us, we appreciate your concern and hope that other users can also share their experiences with you.

It is best that you contact IRCC directly for updated information about your case, unfortunately we do not have access to case-specific information at Settlement.Org, so it may still be helpful to direct your inquiry to the IRCC Client Support Centre as a way to raise concern that your package has not been mailed yet at this stage.

If you have not been able to reach IRCC by phone (1-888-242-2100), it may be helpful to try their web form. While call volumes have increased at IRCC, I would highly suggest calling earlier in the morning when their phonelines open to increase your chances of securing a spot in the wait queue. I'm sorry that you haven't been able to receive any conclusive answers, and hope this information is helpful. If you have feedback that you'd like to share in the form of a compliment, comment, or complaint about this process, IRCC also accepts feedback through the web form linked here.

If you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

If you wish to connect with an immigration lawyer or consultant for advice regarding your situation, the article linked will have resources on how to find one. It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to find community legal clinics near you that provide this service.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link