Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

First PR card application 

azzaouikamal@gmail.com
[email protected]

Posted On: 18 days ago
Hi, I have landed to Canada 2 days back, passed the immigration process at the airport, and i am strugling on applying for initial PR card, looks like since january 2024, we should do it online, anyone did that process recently? Any advice or guideline on how to di it?i didnt fill any Canadien adress during immigration process where the card could be delivered, any advice on how to fix that issue? thank you
link

Posted On: 7 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will mail your PR Card to you, after the information and photograph on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document is confirmed by a IRCC official when you arrive in Canada.

If you did not provide your mailing address to IRCC at the point of entry, do so as soon as possible. You can update your address online or you can contact the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

If you do not provide Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) your address within 180 days of the date of your admission, you will need to reapply for your PR Card and pay the applicable fee.

We recommend contacting IRCC directly with your case number in hand to update them with your current address. You can find more information in the Settlement.Org article, Do I need to apply for my PR card?

We hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link