Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Income Tax 

NadiaSam
NadiaSam

Posted On: 14 days ago
NadiaSam
NadiaSam
Good Day. My name is Nadia. I arrived in Canada last year June and finalized my PR and at the same time got my SIN number. At the end of August I left Canada to return to South Africa to sell up all our assets. At the beginning of May this year I returned to Canada to settle here in the Province of New Brunswick. My question is now is how and what do I need to do to get my income tax/ tax number sorted?

Best Regards
Nadia
link

Posted On: 7 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out with your question, we appreciate the interest in this information.

The CRA has a guide for newcomers on filing their first tax return. This guide is for first time tax filers in Canada. It will help you determine if you are a resident for tax purposes, which is not the same as residency for immigration purposes.

If you are looking for support with your tax return, you can get help with your tax return from an accountant, a free tax clinic, or a community agency. You may also find instructions on how to prepare your for your tax return here on the CRA website.

We hope this information is helpful. Please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link