Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Proof of Citizenship for Foreign Child. 

Peaches
Peaches

Posted On: 5/5/2024
Peaches
Peaches
Hello, I’m new here.

I was wondering if anyone can let me know how to go about obtaining proof of citizenship for my child whose father naturalised as a Canadian short before he was born? He is refusing to give consent for a search of his records and wouldn’t provide his Canadian identification for this purpose. Any pointers or leads will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
link
tarhibniamul
tarhibniamul

Posted On: 5/9/2024
tarhibniamul
tarhibniamul
Peaches wrote:
Hello, I’m new here.

I was wondering if anyone can let me know how to go about obtaining proof of citizenship for my child whose father naturalised as a Canadian short before he was born? He is refusing to give consent for a search of his records and wouldn’t provide his Canadian identification for this purpose. Any pointers or leads will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If the child's father naturalized as a Canadian citizen shortly before the child was born, it's possible that the child may automatically acquire Canadian citizenship by descent. However, obtaining proof of citizenship for the child may require accessing the father's Canadian citizenship records.
In cases where the father is unwilling to provide consent or identification for this purpose, you may need to explore alternative options. Consider reaching out to Canadian immigration authorities or legal professionals specializing in citizenship matters for guidance on how to proceed. They may be able to provide advice on alternative methods for obtaining proof of citizenship for your child, such as providing other forms of evidence or pursuing legal avenues if necessary.
Additionally, consider seeking support from organizations or advocacy groups that assist individuals with citizenship-related issues. They may be able to provide resources, information, and support to help you navigate the process effectively.
link
tarhibniamul
tarhibniamul

Posted On: 13 days ago
tarhibniamul
tarhibniamul
Peaches wrote:
Hello, I’m new here.

To obtain proof of Canadian citizenship for a child born outside Canada to a naturalized Canadian father, check eligibility, gather necessary documents, apply for a Search of Citizenship Records, submit the application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), obtain a Verification of Status (VOS) document, and obtain a citizenship certificate. Consult a professional immigration lawyer or expert for assistance and visit the IRCC website for more information on the application process and required documents.
link