Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Incorrect marital status on COPR 

amitdeep
amitdeep

Posted On: 26 days ago
amitdeep
amitdeep
I was single when I got the ITA in March 2023. Then I got married in Nov 2023 and updated IRCC of the same and my marital status was updated in their system.
I received the PPR in March 2024 and sent my passport for stamping at the New Delhi VO.
I received my passport and COPR on 15 May 2024, but the marital status on COPR says single.

My queries:

1. Will this need to be corrected as I had already informed IRCC about the change and then only received the PPR request.
2. Can I land using this COPR or it has to be amended?
3. If this needs to be amended, what is the course of action?
link

Posted On: 10 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. We can appreciate that you would be concerned about this error on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).

It is best that you contact IRCC directly for this information. The IRCC Client Support Centre can provide information and advice regarding this situation, you can reach them by phone (1-888-242-2100) or use their web form.

You want to inform them of this error as soon as possible. IRCC outlined the process for how to correct an error on your COPR in their helpdesk article, How do I correct an error on my immigration document? Here is an excerpt:
If there is an error on your immigration document:

An amendment will only be made if your document does not match the personal information in your entry passport.

We hope this information is helpful. If you require any further assistance, it may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
amitdeep
amitdeep

Posted On: 5 days ago
amitdeep
amitdeep
I have informed IRCC of the error straight away. However as per your response, can I travel using the same CoPR and then request for the amendment?
link

Posted On: 4 days ago
Hi there,

It is best that you contact the nearest Canadian Visa Office in order to have them verify your file to see what this status/error was based on.They will be able to best assist you with your case and review your options with you. Be sure to have your case number in hand when you call.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
amitdeep
amitdeep

Posted On: 3 days ago
amitdeep
amitdeep
I have updated the New Delhi VO as well about a month back and still waiting for an update
link