Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

PGP invite to apply while visiting on a SuperVisa 

Settled1
Settled1

Posted On: 26 days ago
Settled1
Settled1
Good day all
in 2020 I submitted an Interest To Sponsor application for my mother via the Parents and Grandparents Program for which I received no confirmation of acceptance, as an alternative, as the IRCC website recommended, I then applied and was approved for a Super Visa for her to visit which allowed us to reunite as a family after a very long time, gratefully.
Today (May 2024) I received approval to apply for Permanent Residence for my mother via my 2020 Interest To Sponsor, Parents and Grandparents Program from the IRCC and I have some questions which I truly hope you can assist with please:
My mother happens to be currently visiting us in Canada under her Super Visa which will expire in June 2025:
Can I apply for her Permanent Residence through The IRCC invitation to apply via the Parents and Grandparents Program while she is in Canada on a Super Visa?
If not, how should I go about applying please?
I thank you in advance and look forward to your response,

Kind regards,
link

Posted On: 10 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

According to IRCC's Guide 5772 – Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents if you were invited to apply, you’ll want to submit your application by the deadline in your invitation to apply letter.You can check if you were invited to apply using their invitation status tool. If the tool says you were invited, but you didn’t get an email to the account you put on your 2020 Interest to Sponsor form, make sure you check your spam and junk mail folder, and check your physical mail – if IRCC couldn’t email an invitation, they would send it by mail to the address you put on your 2020 Interest to Sponsor form.

For advice regarding your application, you may want to speak to a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer.

You may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? and What other kinds of legal help can I get? regarding this process. You can connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search, 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link