Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Change of province 

Berta
Berta

Posted On: 6/1/2024
Berta
Berta
I landed in Edmonton with a PR. My sponsor lives in Edmonton but moved to Ontario on arrival. The SAH wants me to complete a form. Can someone help what the rule is and what form I should complete.
link

Posted On: 6/12/2024
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question and situation.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) does not require you to use an immigration consultant or lawyer. If you choose to be advised or represented by a paid consultant, IRCC has rules about who can legally do this. You may want to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer for help with your forms and application. You may also find free/low-cost legal services on the StepstoJustice website.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
tarhibniamul
tarhibniamul

Posted On: 6/26/2024
tarhibniamul
tarhibniamul
As a permanent resident, you can relocate within Canada without restrictions. If your sponsor moves, you must notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of the change of address using the "Notice of Relocation Form" from the Department of Justice. This form must be completed at least 60 days before the move. Despite the move, you remain the principal applicant on your permanent residence application and must submit the Notice of Relocation Form to update your file.
link