Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Applying for PR while in Canada visiting on a PGP 

Settled1
Settled1

Posted On: 13 days ago
Settled1
Settled1
Good day all

In 2020 I submitted an Interest To Sponsor application for my mother via the Parents and Grandparents Program for which I received no confirmation of acceptance, as an alternative, as the IRCC website recommended, she then applied and was approved for a Visitor's Super Visa which allowed us to reunite as a family after a very long time, gratefully.

Recently (May 2024) I received approval to apply for Permanent Residence for my mother via my 2020 Interest To Sponsor, Parents and Grandparents Program from the IRCC and I have some questions which I truly hope you can assist with please:

My mother, who is 79 years old, happens to be currently visiting us in Canada under her Super Visa which will expire in April 2025:

1) Can I apply for her Permanent Residence through The IRCC invitation to apply via the Parents and Grandparents Program while she is in Canada on a Super Visa?

2) If not, how should I go about applying please?

I thank you in advance and look forward to your response,

Kind regards
link
ananittarhib
ananittarhib

Posted On: 10 days ago
ananittarhib
ananittarhib
Great news about getting approval to sponsor your mother for Permanent Residence!
Yes, your mother can apply for Permanent Residence from within Canada on her Super Visa. This is a great advantage as it avoids the need for her to leave the country and re-apply.
Here's how you can proceed:
  • Follow the IRCC instructions: The Invitation to Apply (ITA) should have specific instructions on submitting the Permanent Residence application. Carefully follow these guidelines.
  • Highlight her Super Visa status: In the application, clearly state that your mother is currently in Canada on a valid Super Visa.
  • link
    Settled1
    Settled1

Posted On: 8 days ago
    Settled1
    Settled1
    Many thanks for your response ananittarhib, much appreciated!
    link