Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Child PR of a canadian mother 

minahil15
minahil15

Posted On: 9 days ago
minahil15
minahil15
Hi,
My daughter is 5 and she has a PR card .We have lived in and out of the country for 2 years. How will I know how many days left for her to apply for the passport?
The reason she is not Canadian is because she's 3rd generation so I had to apply for her like new. Now the new law if implemented maybe she might get her passport soon? Im confused anyone know?
link

Posted On: 5 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

A PR card is considered a valid travel document, if you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

As a permanent resident, you would need to prove that you have valid permanent resident status upon return to Canada. A Permanent Resident (PR) card is the best proof of your status at a border. You may find helpful information about this in the Settlement.Org article, Do I really need a PR card to travel back to Canada? If her PR card is expiring, you may want to apply for PR card renewal.

If you wish to connect with an immigration lawyer or consultant for advice regarding your situation, the article linked will have resources on how to find one. It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to find community legal clinics near you that provide this service.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link