Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLegal Services and Human Rights

Courts, Human Rights, Lawyers and Legal Representation, Community Legal Clinics, Legal Aid, Police...

Undocumented Inquiries 

SanGoku123
SanGoku123

Posted On: 14 days ago
SanGoku123
SanGoku123
Hi, I hope there is someone who can help me regarding my situation. I am here in Canada working undocumented. the employer promised me to have my work permit and as soon as possible. he ask me to work right away to secure the jobs. so I decided to take a risk. there are times that I work without day off for 12hours daily. not getting paid on time and no overtime pay as agreed on my Job Offer. I don't know if my application is being processed or what since I don't have a way to check it. but I paid for it and the LMIA Fee. I am so frustrated because he said that LMIA application is denied and he no longer needed me for the job. I have lot of debts because of this and I really don't know what to do next. I am hoping someone can help me here please :(
link

Posted On: 13 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. We appreciate your interest in this information.

You may want to contact the Workers’ Action Centre. The Workers’ Action Centre (WAC) is a worker-based organization that is committed to improving the lives and working conditions of people in low-wage and unstable employment.
Our members are workers in precarious jobs. We are recent immigrants, workers of colour, women, men, and youth. Most of us don’t belong to unions because we work in small workplaces, are temporary workers, on contract, independent contractors or unemployed. This month we may be juggling 2 or 3 jobs, but next month we might not have any work or income. When we are able to find full-time work, there is still little protection against unfair working conditions or employers who don’t pay us what we should be paid.

FCJ refugee centre also serves refugees and others at risk due to their immigration status, and welcomes anyone asking for advice, counsel and support regarding these issues. You may want to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer for advice regarding your situation. StepstoJustice.ca also has a section on accessing free and low-cost legal services in Immigration law.

In the meantime, it may be helpful to browse other financial assistance options. Some programs require a SIN, but some do not and I suggest you connect with a settlement worker to discuss your options. You may want to connect with a settlement agency using our Services Near Me section.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search. Settlement agencies can help you find financial assistance and housing options. It helps to be specific and explain your situation (if you're comfortable) and/or the type of services you are looking for to the operator so they can help provide you the best referral.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

I hope this information is helpful, if you have any additional questions please feel free to follow up with us and post in the discussion forum.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link