Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

fsamnani

all messages by user

11/11/2009
Topic:
Injustice from MTO - Where do we complain?

fsamnani
fsamnani
Hi All,

I am new migrant landed in Toronto, Canada with my young family on 04/11/2009.

I managed to found contract job in my field and working since 06/15/2009.

My wife has also started admin job from 11/09/2009.

We both hold driving licence of New Zealand.

We both have G1 licence of Ontario and due to drive expenrience, we are required to appear for G2 exit test to get G license of Ontario.

Drivetest is on strike since long and nobody knows (including MTO) when they will be off strike.

Everybody knows being new migrants how difficult it is to find job in Canada.

So we had concentrated our efforts on finding suitable jobs pending to get full driving licence of Ontario.

I thought that let settle and find job before winter starts.

We both are eagerly waiting Drivetest to off strike so we can appear for G2 exist test.

our real problem is that I am commuting 3 hrs everyday for job and winter is fast approaching.

Since I have to walk and change transport frequently during commuting to job, it would be difficult for me continue job in winter.

My wife found job which require commuting during late evening as also require frequent walk.

I have two yound children (6 yrs and 2 yrs) and we have take them to school/kindergarten everyday by walk.

Because of strike which is now for almost 2 months, we may not have driving licence to drive car during hard winter to take our kids to school/kindy and commute for jobs.

We are very much frustrated because of this situation.

So because Drivetest are on strike, we cannot manage our routine and either one have to give-up job ?

Can somebody please guide us what to do ?

Can we drive car till Drivetest on strike as we have full overseas licence?

Now what to do and where to complain ?

Pl. advise

F M Samnani

fs