britman

all messages by user

3/4/2015
Topic:
Citizenship Application for Minor

britman
britman
Hi there,
I am filling in the form CIT003 - Citizenship Application for Minor for my daughter (currently a PR). I have a question regarding Section 6B. This section asks to identify the current citizenship of the minor. My daughter currently has two citizenships; Mexican and British. Her Mexican citizenship is noted on her PR card and she uses her UK passport on trips to enter US. My question is whether I should list both citizenships in section 6B.

Also, I understand that she may need to renounce one of her citizenships to obtain Canadian citizenship. I would appreciate if anyone could let me know if this is the case and if so, at what point she will be are asked to prove that she has renounced one of her citizenships.

Grateful for your comments
8/2/2015
Topic:
PR Renewal - Proof of Attendance School Age Child

britman
britman
My daughter's PR card is due for renewal. She has been attending school in Ontario since Grade 1 and is now entering Grade 6.
For her PR renewal the instructions state that 'for all school-aged children, written records verifying attendance within the past five (5) years" must be submitted.
The problem is that I can't find two of her school reports (two school terms 2013).
Instead of school report cards, could I ask the school for a letter confirming the dates during which my daughter attended the school? Or would it be necessary and possible to request the report cards elsewhere?

Grateful for your comments and help