Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

siopaoako

all messages by user

6/26/2011
Topic:
How can we declare our undeclared child?

siopaoako
siopaoako
Hello,

I want to seek some advice regarding sponsoring an undeclared child.

My husband went to Canada as a PR two years ago. He was single that time but we already have a child the time the application was processed. He did not declare me as his common-law partner as well as he did not declare our child as a dependent child.

Our child uses her father's surname. He came home in the Philippines last year and we got married in civil. Now he is about to sponsor me as his spouse.

Now our greatest dilemma is our child not being declared by him on his first application for PR. My question is, can I, being the mother of our child, able to declare her as a non-accompanying family member in my application?

Please do help me because we really want to settle in Canada as one family. It is difficult in my part, being a mother that she might be left behind here in the Philippines. She's a very bright girl and she excels in the in school I don't want that in a glimpse, she might lose her self esteem in case I woudn't be able to be at her side in the most crucial stage of her development.

Please help me.

Thanks.