Lost password

KrishnaDeepThapa

all messages by user

8/20/2012
Topic:
Credential Evaluation - Non Recognized Institution

KrishnaDeepThapa
KrishnaDeepThapa
I had earlier completed a credential evaluation with World Education Services, Toronto and have received a report for the assessment of my Masters Degree Certificate and my Bachelors Degree Certificate, and would like to request your help in resolving this issue with WES.

The Canadian equivalency assessment provided on my Masters Degree Certificate was reported as a "Masters Degree from a Non-Recognized Institution" by WES.I disagreed with this assessment and had earlier written a mail to World Education Services providing them with the resources to re-evaluate my initial assessment.In response to that I have received the following letter from World Education Services simply claiming that in their opinion my institution (Masters Degree in Business Administration) does not have a Canadian Equivalency of a Masters Degree from a recognized institution.

To provide you with more information, I have graduated from an institution in India which is currently registered under the University Grants Commission of India with a "deemed university" status.

My institution was registered under a different body at the time when my degree certificate was awarded in 2005.However, It has different body governing it now and this body is registered as a deemed university under the University Grants Commission of India.

I have no other resource available to address this dispute on my credential evaluation and all my efforts (emails/web links etc. to confirm the authenticity of my credentials with World Education Services,Toronto have been overlooked by their evaluation methodology.

I am really looking forward to finding some help in resolving this dispute of my credential assessment and have made an attempt to communicate this matter to WES. I would like to know their explanation of their assessment in determining the status of my institution, and the required documentation if I need to provide them to establish that my institution is a recognized in my home country (although I have already sent them web links to the regulatory authorities in my country verifying my claim).

Need help.Please Advise.