haroonalpl

all messages by user

7/5/2015
Topic:
Travel Document- Questions on Supporting Documents

haroonalpl
haroonalpl
Hi ,

My husband is a Canadian citizen and working outside the Canada for last 9 years.

We married 7 year and i got my PR , went to canada and then started living with husband outside Canada.

In last 7 years we lived in 4 different countries.My PR card expired in 2013 and since then I have not travelled to Canada. Now we are planning to go on vcations to Canada and i understand i qualify to get permanant resident status as i meet residency obligations by living with Canadian citizen spouse outside Canada.

However I have following questions with respect to supporting documents asked in Instruction Guide IMM5529.

1. Evidence of the residential addresses of the person you are accompanying for the five (5) years before the application (mandatory)

What kind of evidence of residental addresses should be provided ?

We have the lease agreement/utility bills of the country where we living right now but we don't have anything (lease agreement/bills etc) from countries where we lived in last 5 years.

We can provide immigration exit/entry stamps from our passports and visa endorements. But there is nothing else available as unfortunately we did not keep those records when we moved out of that country.

I have employment contract of my husband but it does not show the residental address.

Can you please expalin what should we do in this regard.
10/13/2015
Topic:
Birth Certificate - No Last Name

haroonalpl
haroonalpl
I am a canadian citizen living abroad and my baby girl is born here.

Local authirities issued me a birth certificate which has only one given name.

There is no last name.

For visa purposes i need her canadian passport which i will apply at the same time when i will apply the proof of canadian citizenship.

As there is only one name (given name) so can i want to use my first name as the last name of baby in her proof of canadian citizenship application and passport application.

Passport application will be processed first and a limited validity passport will be issued.

Which last name will appear on canadian passport if foreign birth certificate does not have last name written on it ?
5/14/2016
Topic:
PR living abroad with Canadian citizen for 9 years

haroonalpl
haroonalpl
Hello,

I got PR on 17th Jan 2008 and after spending 1 month i left canada with my wife who is a Canaidan citizen working abroad.

Since then we have been living togather outside Canada.

My PR card expired on 17th Jan 2013.

Now we are planning to visit Canada in vacations.

As i understand from CIC website that I still have PR status since i am living with my Canadian husband.

But I am worried that my PR card has been expired more than 3 years ago and i may have lost the PR status already ?

Can you please tell me if CIC has any rule which restricts the stay of PR outside canada accompnaying canadian citizen Or 5 or 6 years after the expiry of PR card (when PR is abroad) , PR status is lost automatically ?

In my situation will it be straight forward case if i apply for a travel document ?

Regards
5/21/2016
Topic:

haroonalpl
haroonalpl
Hi Anna,

Thanks for your reply. As i understand , PR status is not lost until a final determiniation is not made. So if i am continuously living abroad with my husband (a Canadian citizen) for last 5 years (since only last 5 years will be assessed) , i still meet residency requirments and eligibile to get PRTD ?

Moreover do i need to send visa office any extra documents with my application on top of what is required in application package ? Is there any need to tell Visa office about Humanitarion/compassionate grounds or it will be straight forward case of meeting PR residency obligations ?

Thanks
8/23/2016
Topic:

haroonalpl
haroonalpl
Hi,

I finally got the PRTD from Canadian embassy in UAE. We were quite uncertain about the putcome as it took embassy about two months to decide. Probably due to my long absence from Canada (around 9 years) they scrutinized each and every document (and historicla records etc).

we provided three different type of proves of residensial address like internet bill, electrcity bill, and lease agreement of apartment. In addition you can also provide credit card bills, bank account statement, photocopy of driving licence etc.

Hope it helps.

aganatra wrote:
Dear All

What Documents Required to Submit for below as here in UAE there is No any Proof of Address Available

• evidence of the residential addresses of the person you are accompanying for the five (5) years before the application (mandatory)
1/28/2018
Topic:

haroonalpl
haroonalpl
Hi Aysh,

You may also provide credit card bills, bank account statements having your address mentioned. In addition , school fee receipts or reports , birth certificate of kids who are Canadian citizens but born abroad etc can also be helpful.

hope it helps.

Regards,

Aysh wrote:
haroonalpl wrote:
Hi,

I finally got the PRTD from Canadian embassy in UAE. We were quite uncertain about the putcome as it took embassy about two months to decide. Probably due to my long absence from Canada (around 9 years) they scrutinized each and every document (and historicla records etc).

we provided three different type of proves of residensial address like internet bill, electrcity bill, and lease agreement of apartment. In addition you can also provide credit card bills, bank account statement, photocopy of driving licence etc.

Hope it helps.

Hello Haroonalpl,

Your post was very helpful. As my situation is pretty much same like you as i am planning to go back to Canada.

Would you suggest any additional list of the documents (other then proves of residence which you already mentioned) they asked. So i will have it well head of time.

I appreciate for your reply and any suggestions.

Thanks again