Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

muradiye.selamlik

all messages by user

10/18/2013
Topic:
Can I re-enter Canada as a Permanent Resident?

muradiye.selamlik
muradiye.selamlik
Hi Klaus!!

This is Muradiye (23 years old) from Turkey. I have a somehow different case and I would like to ask some questions to you. I am originally from Turkey and I am a citizen of Turkish Republic. My mother married a Canadian man and he sponsored me and my mum. In 20 June 2011 we entered to Canada and stayed there until 5 September 2011 as Permanent Residents(We stayed only 2,5 months). However, since my father in law consumes high volume of alcohol, my mum decided to divorce. Now they are seperated and we are in Turkey (me and my mum)

My question is that if I get accepted by a Canadian university and decide to come to Canada in August 2014, can I stay in Canada as a PR again? Does it matter that I stayed outside Canada for almost 3 years and my parents are divorced? BTW my mum will not come with me, I will come to Canada alone this time.

I am lack of information and since my parents are divorced and I was a dependent child etc.. I cannot compare my case with the others' who have already posted on the discussion page. Could you please help me about that situation?

If I am able to come to Canada as a PR in August 2014, I will be coming to McGill University or U of T (hopefully..)

Thanks.

Muradiye