Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

PMM

all messages by user

7/23/2014
Topic:
Is it possible to Postpone my Landing Date?

PMM
PMM
Hi

Is it possible to extend or postpone the landing just for 1 month?

Because my landing must be done till 16 FEB 2015 and is really cold for me. Cause I'm coming from really hot place.

Regards

If you don't "land" prior to the expiry of the COPR, it is invalid, and you would have to re-apply from scratch.

PMM
7/24/2014
Topic:
PR Renewal for Child under 18

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

Me and my wife have fulfilled the 730 days of physical presence in Canada but our daughter which is under 18 has not fullfilled .

Will her PR be renewed if ours get renewed.?

We are submitting an application 10 days from now and our PR expires end of August.

She is in Canada now.

No, she has to meet the residency requirements as well to renew her PR card.

PMM
7/25/2014
Topic:
Residency Obligation

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I just received my PR to Canada (Manitoba)and it's valid until May 2015. I want to land in Canada in October 2014 and return back to my country (Sri Lanka)as I have to settle some pending matters before leaving for good. Can you please let me know until how long i am allowed to stay in my country before I get back to Canada in order to protect my PR status. Also will leaving after one month after landing in Canada be an issue?

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

1. YOu have to reside in Canada for a total of 2 years in every 5 year period to maintain your PR status.
2. You won't have your PR card when you leave, so someone will have to mail it to you from Canada, or you would have to apply for a Travel Document to return.

PMM
7/26/2014
Topic:
Residency Obligation

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

Hi,

I just received my PR to Canada (Manitoba)and it's valid until May 2015. I want to land in Canada in October 2014 and return back to my country (Sri Lanka)as I have to settle some pending matters before leaving for good. Can you please let me know until how long i am allowed to stay in my country before I get back to Canada in order to protect my PR status. Also will leaving after one month after landing in Canada be an issue?

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

1. YOu have to reside in Canada for a total of 2 years in every 5 year period to maintain your PR status.
2. You won't have your PR card when you leave, so someone will have to mail it to you from Canada, or you would have to apply for a Travel Document to return.

PMM

hi

many thanks for your reply. Also it was my cousin who sponsored me from Manitoba under family stream to get my Pr. So if i leave Canada one month after my landing will they not let my cousin to sponsor another person as i didn't stay on? However i am hoping to get back in about 1.5 years to Canada and i will protect my residency obligation. I am worried about my cousin not being able to sponsor anyone else as i didn't stay in the country for 1 year. Pls kindly help me out.

Thank you for your assistance

Excellent chance that Manitoba will ban your cousin from sponsoring under their family class again.

PMM
7/27/2014
Topic:
Residency Obligations for Sponsor

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi, I (permanent resident, residing in Toronto, ON) applied in June 2014 for sponsoring my wife with my kids.

This week I am on the final stage to be hired by Canada Red Cross for contractual work in Africa for 6 months.

The question is: if I work for Canadian organization/canadian payroll, have home in Canada, kids (from first marriage) and so on: would it be considered as a waiver?

Or I have to inform CIC and request them to suspend my application until I'll be back and re-start processing? Thank you

As you are a PR you must remain in Canada during the processing of your family's PR status. If you don't there is an excellent chance that the application would be refused.

PMM
7/30/2014
Topic:
What is the Difference? - IMM 0008E

PMM
PMM
Hi

The guide 3999 seems to be describing a different form than the one that comes up from the site.
The list wants the "Generic Application Form IMM 0008"
I keep bringing up (and even filled out already) the IMM 0008 E

Are these 2 separate forms or different names for 1, if they are 2 seperate can someone please guide me to the correct form?

Thats the form you want, the French version is IMM008F

PMM
8/5/2014
Topic:
Divorce in India or Canada

PMM
PMM
Hi

1. No, as she as her COPR, and she was not a sponsored spouse.
2. Don't know enough Indian law.
3. Yes.
4. She may have something to say about that, if you don't have sole custody of your son.
5. Too complicated for a forum, hire a family lawyer.

PMM
8/9/2014
Topic:
Lost IMM5292

PMM
PMM
Hi

I am preparing for the citizenship application. I do not have any glue where is my IMM5292. The application says that I may explain the reason why it is no longer in my possession. However, I heard that I will certain need it in the future for the purpose of Pension application or else. Is it true ?

If it is true, please advise which application I need to submit (to make sure I will do the right thing since I went through lots of CIC websites and I am confused):
1. IMM5009 - Application for VOS or Replacement of an Immigration Document; or
2. IMM5218 - Request of changes to your COPR (IMM5292 or IMM5688

If IMM5009 is correct, Part B.1 What type of request are you making - Where need I click :
* Verification of Status or
* Replacement of Valid temporary resident document, or
* I click both

Thanks for advice

1. Yes, you will need it for your OAS and for applying for citizenship.
2. IMM 5009 Verification of status only.

PMM
8/14/2014
Topic:
Residency Obligations - CBSA Report

PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,
In order to prove my stay in Canada I was advised to provide a report from Canada Border Services Agency. Could anyone please tell me which way I may get it?

Thank you,

Ulan

Privacy Act request. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

PMM
8/17/2014
Topic:
Leave Canada - No PR card Yet

PMM
PMM
Hi

I came in canada as a permanent residence..now I want to go back for some time..but I don't have my pr card..Is it possible if i went back to india,then someone who is in canada receive it through mail and can send it to me in india..so, I can return back to canada plz rply soon

Sheenu

Yes, perfectly alright.

PMM
8/18/2014
Topic:
Re-entering Canada - PR Cards

PMM
PMM
Hi

I entered Canada approximate last year May, 2013 as new immigrant (FSWP class) along with my family members and I stayed around 1 month in Toronto then again I cam back to my home country (Bangladesh).

My relative received all the PR cards on behalf of me and physically handed over those to me when he visited Bangladesh.

Now, I have all the PR cards with me.

May I (along with my family members) re-enter Canada with these PR cards ?

Arif

Yes,

PMM
8/21/2014
Topic:
Can they Re-Open my File?

PMM
PMM
Hi

hi
in march7-2005 I did not pay for the permanent residence fee ,so they closed my file .
is their any hope to re open my file to immigrate to Canada

No, you would have to start from the beginning if you qualify.

PMM
8/22/2014
Topic:
Spousal Sponsorship - Questions

PMM
PMM
Hi

I'm an immigrant(PR).

I sponsored my husband.when I check his statue in the Online application statue (gc.cic.ca) ,the file is in Process,the embassy recieved medical 1year ago and we paid the Visa Fee about 1 month ago,how long will be Decision part?

thanx a lot

a_h

Sorry crystal ball is cloudy tonight. Tell us the office and you might get a better answer.

PMM
8/25/2014
Topic:
Unemployed - Am I eligible to Sponsor my Spouse?

PMM
PMM
Hi

Yes, but you are going to have to demonstrate how you can support your spouse in Canada without any income.

PMM
8/25/2014
Topic:
Applying for Citizenship and Being Unemployed

PMM
PMM

Hi

I am permanent resident for almost three years. When I landed Canada, I started to a certification program for almost 1.5 years.After that, I completed another certification program for 8 months.
Hi

However,I am still unemployed for nearly one year. My question is about how affect being unemployed to apply citizenship?

Thank you

AA

It doesn't, as long as you can demonstrated that you resided in Canada for 3 years in the 4 years prior to the date you sign the application.

PMM
1234 ..44