OMRS210

all messages by user

5/8/2014
Topic:
Fingerprint Request - Questions

OMRS210
OMRS210
Hello

My Father received his RQ over 18 months to 22 months ago and completed it with the supporting documents and sent it to Immigration Canada for process.

He today received a letter requesting FingerPrints to be done in the coming 60 days..

Does anyone experienced the same thing before?

Can anyone tell me If this is a good thing for his citizenship application or not?

And how long is he going to wait to get an answer after submitting his FingerPrints?

Also, they mentioned in the letter that FingerPrints can be done electronically which is a faster method, does that mean he can do his FingerPrints online or what?

This is the first time we run into such a letter and I would like some information from anyone who encountered this before.

Thank you,

Omar
7/13/2014
Topic:
Lost my SIN Card

OMRS210
OMRS210
Hello

I lost my SIN Card today and I am wondering what are the requirements needed to get a new one and cancel the other one.
I also lost all my ID's as they were all in my wallet.
What do I need to apply for a replacement card? and is it a fast process or the I need a police report of the theft and all that?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread.

Omar
7/11/2015
Topic:
Citizenship Ceremony + Passport

OMRS210
OMRS210
Hello

I finally received my notice to take the Oath which is going to happen on July 21st of this year.

I had to leave the country by the same day for my daughter's wedding which is happening on July 22nd in Lebanon and I wanted to know if that is possible.

Immigration and citizenship will take my PR Card upon arrival to the ceremony and I will be left only with my passport from my country of birth and my citizenship certificate.

Is there a way to leave the country with my current passport and my citizenship certificate just to attend the wedding and comeback later to apply for the passport? Can I enter canada with my current passport + my citizenship certificate?

Also a friend of mine told me that I can talk to the immigration and citizenship officers during the oath and show them all the documents that proves that I have a family emergency and this way they can update their system and issue me a passport on the spot.

Anyone encountered such an issue before and what are your suggestions?

Thank you
7/12/2015
Topic:
Citizenship Ceremony + Passport

OMRS210
OMRS210
No, my father holds an Iraqi passport which basically requires a visa to enter Canada.

Can an iraqi passport+showing the citizenship certificate on the way back be sufficient to let him in the country again? or a citizenship certificate won't be sufficient to act as a replacement for his PR?
10/28/2019
Topic:
Ontario Works Application

OMRS210
OMRS210
Good Morning

My parents have their Ontario works application meeting tomorrow in Ottawa and I have a few questions about what the interviewer will be asking them.
I am aware of the documents requested and I have prepared it for them.
But do they ask or have access to the following:
1- Debt information? How much debt do they have in loans or line of credit?
2- Do they run a credit score report for them?
3- Does debt affect their chances of getting assistance?
Please let me know and thank you for reading.

Thanks