uppone

all messages by user

6/1/2014
Topic:
Proof of Citizenship Timelines

uppone
uppone
Hi All

I got my Canadian Citizenship in 1977 but my date of birth was wrong. I kept trying getting my birth certificate from India with the correct date of birth and finally was successful in getting my birth certificate with correct DOB in 2011 and then I applied for correction of DOB to CIC in dec, 2011.

I got a letter from CIC in March 2012 stating that my application has been sent to Program Suppport Unit and my application will be delayed. I contacted the cic call centre and were told to wait for two years before they can send an inquiry.

In March 2014 I contacted CIC call centre again and this time they sent an inquiry, but so far there has been no response from them.

Any helpful response is much appreciated.

Thanks
6/23/2014
Topic:
Citizenship Card Application

uppone
uppone
I got my canadian citizenship in 1976. In Dec, 2011 I applied for citizenship card with corrected date of birth (After getting my birth certificate from India after many tries).My application was sent to programm support unit in March,2012.

Since then I have been in touch with cic through their call centre and they have sent them two emails inquiring about the delay but there has been no response yet. This moring I have been told by the call centre people that next time they would only be able to send an email to cic on my behalf If my Local Mp calls them.

But is going on here and what is my recourse , if any.