Lost password

Canada11

all messages by user

6/25/2014
Topic:
Spousal Sponsorship Tracking Number

Canada11
Canada11
Hi, my documents for spousal sponsorship were received by CIC on March 10th.

We still have not been given any kind of tracking number (it's been almost 4 months).

I have confirmation from Canada Post that they were for sure received and signed for by CIC in Mississauga.

I am sponsoring my husband who lives out if the country, and have just given birth to our daughter.

I am worried sick about the whereabouts of our application. When I call the call centre I just keep being told they have nothing in their system yet.

One call centre rep did say she sent an e-mail to investigate, but this was 4 weeks ago.

What am I to do at this point?

Is this normal?

RV
6/26/2014
Topic:
Sponsorship Application sent to Wrong Address

Canada11
Canada11
I submitted an application package to sponser my spouse who lives out of country. It was received by CIC March 10th. I have just learned (with the assistance of my local MP office) that my application was mistakenly sent by my immigration consultant to the in-land sponsership office rather than out of country. I was told they are processing applications for February, and when they get to my application they will send it to the correct area. I am very concerned about the time it will now take for my application to be opened, is there any estimation on how much longer it could be? Should I be re-submitting to the correct address?

RV