TplusCC

all messages by user

7/1/2014
Topic:
Investigation - Received OW during Sponsorship

TplusCC
TplusCC
Hello
My situation kind of applies to the original poster.
I need some clarification if possible. I'm a sponsor who has just been approved and the application is now on the way to the embassy. I have a severe form of heart disease and was an ODSP recipient for almost a decade. I went off ODSP to take advantage of an educational opportunity, where I was forced to give up my pension. I recently re-applied and was denied. I'm a mother of a two year old and desperately need an income. I have been surviving in the Child tax benefit and was expecting ODSP to kick in. So now I am forced to seek out OW but I'm not sure what will happen to my application. According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations I should be able to apply once my husband is here, while he's looking for work. Here is the quote. Does anyone know anything about this?

133. (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor

(k) is not in receipt of social assistance for a reason other than disability.

It looks to me like I can apply for OW once my application is approved on the embassy end. As in there is no regulation stopping my application.

Feedback appreciated.
7/1/2014
Topic:
Can my friend sponsor fiance on OW or ODSP?

TplusCC
TplusCC
I need some clarification if possible. I'm a sponsor who has just been approved and the application is now on the way to the embassy. I have a severe form of heart disease and was an ODSP recipient for almost a decade. I went off ODSP to take advantage of an educational opportunity, where I was forced to give up my pension. I recently re-applied and was denied. I'm a mother of a two year old and desperately need an income. I have been surviving in the Child tax benefit and was expecting ODSP to kick in. So now I am forced to seek out OW but I'm not sure what will happen to my application. According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations I should be able to apply once my husband is here, while he's looking for work. Here is the quote. Does anyone know anything about this?
133. (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor
(k) is not in receipt of social assistance for a reason other than disability.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-57.html#docCont
It looks to me like I can apply for OW once my application is approved on the embassy end. As in there is no regulation stopping me from seeking OW after that time.
Feedback appreciated.