j328wang

all messages by user

7/8/2014
Topic:
Citizenship Timeline

j328wang
j328wang
Hello Rodman,

Thanks for your sharing! My dad is in exactly the same situation now, and i just wanna know how long did it take you from having the interview to taking the oath?

Thank you very much,

June

Hi everyone,

It's been two years since I applied for citizenship and I thought I would share my timeline.

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2012.

- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 13, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

- We started processing your application on June 20, 2012.

I received a Residence Questionnaire sometime in July 2012 and submitted all the required documents within the 45-day
deadline.

I am now over 55 years old and thus, exempted from taking the citizenship test. Here's what I received from the St. Clair office:

- We sent you a notice on January 15, 2014 to attend an identification appointment to have your documents and identity verified on February 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Today (February 03), I went to the St. Clair office for my identification appointment. Everything went well. According to the Immigration Officer, my application along with the documents will go to a Citizenship Judge. Once my application is approved by the Citizenship Judge, I will receive within 2-3 months a Notice to Appear for Oath-taking. So now I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

If you are in the same situation, please feel free to update here.

Thank you and best wishes to you all.

Rodman