Confuzed

all messages by user

7/10/2014
Topic:
Renewing PR Card from US

Confuzed
Confuzed
Hi,

I completed my Residency Requirement (1095 days) and then applied for my Canadian Citizenship (Nov 2011). Then, got a job in US and moved to US in August 2012. Now I am waiting for my Citizenship grant. I have given the Citizenship test and have received the RQ (Feb 2014) for myself. And now waiting. In the meanwhile, my PR card needs to be renewed. I have the following questions:

1) Can I just simply fill the application along with all the docs and send it to CIC by mail from the US or do I have to be in Canada to apply? (by the way, I have 730 days of residency in the past 5 years)

2) On the application, city where application signed section, if I write my US city, would it create any issues? I am currently using a Canadian friends address as my residential address in Canada.

Thanks for all the help.
7/16/2014
Topic:
Renewing PR Card from US

Confuzed
Confuzed
Thanks very much for the detailed response. I have one more question, if you don't mind answering it. So now that you have told me that I should be in Canada to submit my PR renewal application, I am thinking perhaps I can come to Canada for a few days and submit the application myself. Can I use my friend's address as my residential address on the application, as I do not have an address in Canada?

By the way, I have been using this friend's address to communicate with CIC. CIC sends me all my communication to this address. So would it be a bad idea to use this address on the PR renewal application? I am assuming CIC will simply send my renewed PR cards to this friend's address. I have not declared this friend as a representative as I only use his address and I do not ask him to communicate to CIC on my behalf.

Thanks very much.
7/21/2014
Topic:
PR Renewal Application

Confuzed
Confuzed
I am currently in US and have completed all Canadian citizenship requirements and I am now waiting for the CIC call for oath (if all goes well).

In the meanwhile, my PR card is expiring and I need to put in a renewal application. I know I should be in Canada to submit my PR renewal application, I am thinking perhaps I can come to Canada for a few days and submit the application myself. Can I use my friend's address as my residential address on the application, as I do not have an address in Canada?

By the way, I have been using this friend's address to communicate with CIC. CIC sends me all my communication to this address. So would it be a bad idea to use this address on the PR renewal application? I am assuming CIC will simply send my renewed PR cards to this friend's address. I have not declared this friend as a representative as I only use his address and I do not ask him to communicate to CIC on my behalf.

A little background: it was a CIC representative who told me that I can use my friend's address when I am out of Canada.

Thanks very much.