Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

nessau

all messages by user

8/25/2014
Topic:
What is the Timeframe after Citizenship Test & RQ?

nessau
nessau

Dear All,
Do some one among you has any idea about the delay for taking oath after post-test RQ. I got RQ exactly after my written exam for Canad citizenship that I got 100%!.
Now I am worry, how long it will take to get my citizenship.
is there any difference for time frame for pre-test and post-test RQ? For pre-test it takes about 3 years from the application date. But what if someone tooke the test successfully and recieves an RQ quickly after the test?
I would be grateful if you help me on that.
Cheers,
KA

K.A

Hello K.A,

I see you submitted the this some time ago and I was interested if you got your citizenship already?

We submitted our application in May 2013 and did the exam in December 2013.
We were very happy to receive the invite for the test so fast, as we knew how long people wait for it.
Both my husband and I passed the test and 3 month later received the RQ.
Today I called the CIC help center trying to get some information, but all I've got is "we received the RQ documentation on April 9th. The total waiting period can be up to 36 months, so you may wait for another 2 years or it can be completed sooner"

I know people who received RQ before the exam and it took them only 6 months to receive invite to the exam, but I never heard about RQ after exam and how long does it take...

Thanks in advance,
Nessa
8/25/2014
Topic:
Citizenship Timeline (Took 11 Months)

nessau
nessau
Hi Machoman,

I'm very happy for you.
Our case was similar up until the wait for the oath part.
We sent the doc in May 2013 and passed the exam in December 2013. But instead the oath got the RQ and now we're waiting since April 2014.

Anyone with similar story?
looking for some info on RQ after the test...

Thanks,