pascua

all messages by user

9/11/2014
Topic:
2014 Citizenship Timeline

pascua
pascua
Hello everyone!

I am joining this group to ask some questions about my timeline.

I send my citizenship application June 02,2014 and received the acknowledgement letter from CIC dated July 31, 2014.

Specifying that my papers already in process by July 31,2014.

I am wondering how many more months before my actual test because according to the letter they already started the processing of my application by July 31.

Thank you so much in advance for any comments.

Pascua.
9/13/2014
Topic:

pascua
pascua
Hi, thanks for your reply!

Hi

80% of routine applications are taking 24 months from application to oath.

PMM
9/23/2014
Topic:

pascua
pascua
Hi SWJ,
Thanks for your reply.
SO would that mean that even after you pass the test and the interview you would still need to complete the 24 months to take the oath! Thanks

This is my timeline to date.
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 4, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 14, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. I sat the test at Scarborough and after the test you had a short conversation with one of the attendants (so they could test your English knowledge.)
At the time, they said they expected it to take 2 months to the oath.

After 2 months i called because i had heard nothing. I was told that i should not call until 24 months from when they received the original application. Note also that the date they received the application was more than a month after i had posted it.

Still waiting and looking forward to the backlog reduction :-)
9/30/2014
Topic:
When will my citizenship ceremony be?

pascua
pascua
Hello!
If you had this plan you should inform the CIC office where you took the exam so they can make the necessary arrangement for your oath, because my wife when she got the test last year of october she immediately inform the officer that she already had a bookings to go back home by december of 2013, so they put a note in her folder and luckily she got the letter of oath only after a week!

Hi There:

Can you please tell me when is the ceremony for those who took the citizenship test on august 12, 2014 and passed the test? I am just worried because my boyfriend bought two tickets for Mexico for his birthday, he wants to celebrate his birthday in Mexico on November 1, 2014. He wants me to come with him. My PR card will expires in Oct. 16, 2014, I sent my renewal application for my PR card on July 19, 2014 and still haven't received it yet. I am hoping my invitation for the ceremony will come out this week so I can process my passport already. Please help me.

Thank you very much for your advise.

ev
10/24/2014
Topic:
Language Proof - Which One Should I Take?

pascua
pascua

Hi,
I'll just took mine last May 10,2014 only 60 min, CELPIP L/S test.

Thanks!

My question is which of the tests mentioned below do you recommend to take?

Here is the requirement:

Results of a CIC-approved third-party test at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC) [Note 1] level 4 or higher in speaking and listening skills done previously for immigration purposes (even expired) or done specifically for citizenship purposes, from the following list are acceptable only:

-Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General test (CELPIP-G), (not the academic version) or

-CELPIP-General LS – a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the CELPIP general test or

-International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version
1/19/2015
Topic:
Citizenship Timeline Update

pascua
pascua
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update my timeline.

I pass my citizenship application June 02,2014 and the CIC started processing July 31,2014.

Exactly December 31,2014 I received the letter to appear on June 21,2015 for the test.

I wish and hope with the grace of God that I pass the test and the interview.

Thanks for the replies on my previous post.

Pascua
1/21/2015
Topic:
Citizenship Timeline Update

pascua
pascua
Hi!

just wanted to update my citizenship timeline again.

So I'll just had my test this afternoon January 21,2014 and everything goes so well, after the test I'll just had a very short conversation with the interviewer and at the same time he handed to me already the paper for my oath taking which already scheduled at the time of interview, which will be next Friday January 30,2015.

So just to calculate the process from the time the CIC started to process my papers up to the time of oath schedule day it took only 6 months all in all.

I'm so happy and thankful for all!

Have a good day everyone.

Pascua