Lost password

MaryPoppins

all messages by user

10/19/2014
Topic:
Returning from Sick Leave

MaryPoppins
MaryPoppins
After returning to work from sick leave my employer has decided to switch me from a part time hourly position to a full time salaried position. The problem is that when calculating the salary amount and converting it to an hourly amount it is less than the amount I was making when I was hired two years ago. Is this legal? Not to mention my first day back they tried to tell me I didn't have a job to come back to. Any help would be appreciated as I am meeting with them tomorrow morning.

Labour board has been of no help, human rights board is so broad in their answers that they aren't really any help either.

I am a canadian citizen.

Thanks
10/21/2014
Topic:
Returning from Sick Leave

MaryPoppins
MaryPoppins
Hi,

Would there be a difference between sick leave (I was off for 3 1/2 months and now have a disability) and the Maternity/Parental leave? Here lies the problem as there are no answers (at least that I can find) on the MOL website that are specific to sick leave. My employer has now stated that the 27.9% pay cut is because the position is now a salaried position instead of an hourly position. Instead of being part time and being paid hourly they want me to go to full time and on salary, so work more hours for less pay.

Thanks