Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

Zahid104

all messages by user

2/8/2015
Topic:
Divorce and PR Status - Can I be Deported?

Zahid104
Zahid104
Hello, I arrived in Canada in sept 2013 as a PR, unfortunately things haven't worked out well with my wife and we are no longer living together (since 30/01/2015)
We have been married since Jan 2011, my immigration with CIC filed the very same year. We stayed together for around 15 months and now we live separately.......we don't have any children.
My wife has asked me to return to my native country as she doesn't want me to stay in Canada anymore.

My question is that can she ask immigration to remove/deport me after this separation?legally we are not divorced yet..I don't mind going back but I m working and feel quite settled and happy here. Also is it okay to travel freely in and out of canada on my present PR?Would I be allowed back?

I have a 5 years PR, since Sept 2013,category FC1/CF1 and I don't remember any conditional residence stamp on my paper, neither it's mentioned on my PR card.
2/8/2015
Topic:
PR card category FC1/CF1

Zahid104
Zahid104
I arrived in Canada as a PR in sept 2013 and joined my spouse. Unfortunately things have not worked out well and we are now living living separately since 30/01/2015,we are still legally married.We stayed together for over 15 months.
My wife has now asked me to return to Pakistan as we are nolonger living together. I have a full time job and feel quite happy and settled here in Canada.

I would like to ask if I she can get me removed/deport like this?Whats my immigration status?Can I leave Canada and return using the same PR card?

I got married in 2011, and application for immigration was submitted the very same year(2011)
I m on a 5 years PR expiring in 2019, I don't recall having any condition mentioned on any of the paperwork neither its mention on my PR card.
Category is FC1/CF1 on my PR card.

2/17/2015
Topic:
PR card category FC1/CF1

Zahid104
Zahid104
Thanks for your reply....how does one find out if their PR is conditional?