sai13

all messages by user

3/4/2015
Topic:
Living in Windsor - Working in Detroit

sai13
sai13
Hello,

I am planning to commute between Windsor and Detroit. I have Canada PR and USA H1B. I read lots of posts on this forum, and most of my questions are answered;however I am still looking answers for below questions. Please could you help?

1) Do I need H1B stamp inside passport to get Nexus card? I am in USA for 4 years and never left outside. But I don't have H1B stamp in passport, but only valid I-797 and I-94 documents.

2) If I cross border every day with H1B stamp in passport, with no NEXUS card, do they stamp in my passport every day?

3) Should my US H1B job payroll run on Canada address or USA address?

4) Should I maintain a US residency (by taking an apartment?) for H1B extension and Payroll purpose?

5) Do I need to stay in border city (Windsor or Detroit) already to apply for Nexus card? I am planning to apply Nexus card from Washington DC(Where I reside now) using current Washington DC address, once I get my PR card to hand, but want to apply for Nexus card before I actually move to Detroit. Would it cause any issues?

6) If my employer applies for I-140 when I am in Windsor, what address should I give?

I am very confused with H1B address and PERM/I-140/I-485 addresses and of course pay roll issues.

It would be a great help, if someone could clarify my doubts. Thanks!