Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

eva79

all messages by user

3/15/2015
Topic:
Shall I translate Passport that is 8 Years Old?

eva79
eva79
Hi there,

I am a landed immigrant since Jan 8, 2008
been in & out the country repeatedly till July 2010 with a few visits back home since then ( total of 5 times max)

I applied for Citizenship in Feb. 2014, after several correspondences back & forth CIC finally started processing my application in June 4, 2014

I'll be having my Citizenship test next Monday & I have a few questions hoping an expert can answer them for me please.

I have Passport A Expiry date June 2009, Has my immigration visa on it dated 29 Oct. 2007

I HAD Passport B which I must have obtained in 2009, can't remember which month, definitely used it once to enter Canada ( can't remember which month but I do have CBSA records), then lost it in my home country sometimes in Feb 2010.

I have Passport C, issued in May 2010, have been using it since I officially moved to Canada in July 2010.

First question:
Shall I translate Passport A even-tough the years in it are too old to be counted toward my citizenship? Especially it has a LOTS of European visas/stamps along with numerous Arabic stamps from my home country... That'd cost me a huge amount of money not to mention the very short window of time. Or shall I just translate the Arabic ones?

Second question:
Do you think I would I be receiving a RQ since I don't have Passport B anymore? Even-though it was issued in 2009, lost in 2010 & obviously the days I spent in Canada back then were not counted anyways.

Please note that in Feb 2013 I had to renew my PR & there was no questionnaire whatsoever..

I am very very anxious & my heart is pounding can't stop panicking not to mention the huge stress I am having to study for the test on Monday, I am a single mom, have two kids.. the youngest is 5 months old!

Can you please answer these questions so I know what to do next? Thank you so much in advance. I love your website & the huge knowledge you have & provide to people like me.