Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

brendasue311

all messages by user

5/17/2015
Topic:
Which forms to Renew Only & Short Shopping Trips?

brendasue311
brendasue311
I am a permanent resident of Canada, and very proud to be.

My PR card is fixing to expire in a couple of months and I want to get this done ASAP. This is my first time renewing.

I have well meaning friends and family members (Canadian) trying to help me with renewing my card and now I am confused, some say to fill out everything in the packet, some say I only need certain of those forms.

I don't want to screw this up.

In the packet of forms for getting, renewing, or replacing a PR card, there are forms that doesn't apply for me, so I think.

The "Use of a Representative" form for one. I am just renewing my card..I am not using a rep. Do I have to fill that one out? Or do I just put N/A in all of the spots on the form? Then other people told me to just fill out the main form IMM5444E.

So my first question is...Since I am only renewing my card, what forms MUST I fill out for that, and where should I be putting N/A if I need to send in ALL of the forms?

Next, in the spot where you write down each time in the last 5 years have I traveled outside of Canada, all I have for any kind of stay was when my mom died, and I was in the states for her funeral for I think 3 or 4 days. I can't remember that well.

But there have been maybe 3 or 4 times that I went across the border with my in-laws for lunch and shopping, no longer than 3 or 4 hours each of those times.

Do I have to write those trips down too?

I never kept track of those little trips (which, from now on I will, not that I go over much for that, not much of a shopper). I am worried because I would never be able to remember the dates those shopping trips.

While I am thinking about it, listing of jobs in the form....I don't have all the exact dates of starting and ending of jobs...what do I do there? I can't remember dates that well as you can now see.

The first 4 years I was working only at one place so that is easy, then the last half of last year was bad. I held one job that was way over my head for about 8 weeks, worked at a pizza place for a month, Had unemployment for about a month, a fast food place for a month until the job I was trying for opened up and have been working there happily ever since with my husband.

I took a look at the T-4's that I do have in hand....and did a best guess on the rest, but I don't think that will be good enough. What can you tell me about that?

Anyhow, thank you so much for this forum! Everyone is so kind and helpful here. I couldn't find the answers to my questions when I searched, but I know someone out there will definitely give me the correct answers professionally and through personal experience. I really love that.

Warmest,
Brenda Sue
5/24/2015
Topic:
Which forms to Renew Only & Short Shopping Trips?

brendasue311
brendasue311
Thank you so much for helping me. You folks are so nice and helpful, beautiful people here. Warmest, Brenda Sue
5/25/2015
Topic:
IMM5444E-Section B,Question 17- Help

brendasue311
brendasue311
I am a permanent resident of Canada, in the process of renewing my card. I have searched for answers to my question here, Google, and family and friends. I got many answers, but I want to know the official information. I know you will give me the right answer..

The question on the form is, have you ever been issued a removal order in Canada, yes or no.

Since I am renewing my PR card, I obviously have everything resolved now for the last 5 years. But way back in 2004 when I first came to Canada, I did get a removal order (thank God it all got sorted out, and everything is fine now, after 7 years of waiting for it to be sorted out that is). But I want to be completely honest in filling out my renewal form and do all the correct information they need... I don't want to lose my growing family, and a job here that I love so it is very important that I do not screw this up, and that it is all honest..

So my question is, do I choose No, because in the last 5 years since I got my PR card, I haven't gotten a removal order? Or do I say yes because of 2004, and the word "ever" is in the question? I don't know what to do...I do not want to jeopardize anything, including my family and grandchildren I have here now. Some people tell me to say no because I haven't gotten one in these 5 years, only back in 2004. Other people tell me to put yes there, and explain it all over again.

I am certain that they have all info in any of my files they have on hand in which they can look up, I can not stand to think of those dark years of waiting to know if I can stay here with my family.

Does this question mean for the last 5 years? If it does, then I put "no" right?

Thanks again in advance for helping me, I am sure that your answers will help others too in a similar situation...

Warmest,
Brenda Sue
5/27/2015
Topic:
IMM5444E-Section B,Question 17- Help

brendasue311
brendasue311
I am so glad I asked, in my heart I knew that yes was the answer but wanted to be sure. Thank you again, you all are the best here. Brenda Sue