jsp1205

all messages by user

6/5/2015
Topic:
Renew PR card or Not

jsp1205
jsp1205
Dear Sir / Madam,

I became a permanent resident of Canada via sponsorship (family class marital status) however I got divorced and I didn't meet the minimum phisical presence in Canada for the past 5 years.

Also my PR card has expired last year.

Now, I have a new family in my country of residence (wife and child) and they are not permanent resident of Canada. What should I do in order to be able to come back to Canada and bring them as a permanent resident?

Should I renounce my PR status or try to renew my PR card before starting a new application (express entry) including my wife and child? I have not contacted cic yet.

Thank you in advance!
6/9/2015
Topic:
Renew PR card or Not

jsp1205
jsp1205
Hi Anna,

Thank you so much for the clarifications.

I still have some doubts,

As far as I know, if even renewing my PR card, I will not be able to sponsor my wife and daughter because I am overseas, plus, if my PR card is renewed, I cannot bring them with me before sponsoring them. That´s why I believe that I may start a new process with express entry.

Questions
1. Can I start a new process without renouncing or renewing my PR card?

2. Does the officer, even knowing that I have not met the residency requirements may approve my application for PR renovation? (I don't think that the immigration officer will accept my reasons - my family and my job - )

Thank you again for your time