Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

rsvp04

all messages by user

9/10/2015
Topic:
What are our Chances for Undeclared Children?

rsvp04
rsvp04
Hi,

I appreciate your feedback and advise in advance.
Received a letter requesting an explanation for our 5 undeclared children.

Me and my husband are both annulled. I am the principal applicant. I have one daughter from my ex and he has 4 from his former marriage.

All will not be accompanying since in my case, I dont even know where they live, I will only spend a few hours with my kid and after that her dad will get her.

I seldom see her, twice or 3 times a year. I asked my daughter during the time of application if she wants to come with me and she said we can skype but wont leave his dad behind. This broke my heart...

With my current husband,he lost contact with all his kids. Since we will not be able to provide any single document from them ( passport,pictures etc) we decided not to declare since it may take so long before we can gather this docs and most likely,we wont get any and our ex's wont let them come with us anyway.

Another is that,the marriage certificate I submitted was dated july 2 ( marriage in municipality) but our actual wedding with 150 guests was july 4.

In the application,i wrote july 4 because its really our anniversary date for 8 yrs before getting married, which totally confused me with the new date on the marriage certificate.

I have asked relatives and friends and they referred me to a person who used to work in an agency,spoke to her re our situation with our kids and told me to not declare, i didnt pay her or anything but during the call from immigration,i was asked why i didnt declare and since i was so startled with the word fraudulent that they were telling me that i can be sued, i told them that someone advised me to not declare. Now,in the written explanation,they thought im also paying a representative.

Now we have our own baby. Life has been unfair to us, with my ex manipulating every situation in my life, especially my kid. Now, we want to start a new life in canada. Clean slate. Hope you can help us as to how to go about our explanation and what is our chance of passing for immigration for the whole family. We just had our file no and thats it. We are at the early stage of the application to canada.

Thank you so much!
9/10/2015
Topic:

rsvp04
rsvp04
Thank you for your immediate response in my query. The call came from manila immigration and not CIC. Thus, can we still mitigate the situation since it was our country's immigration who reprimanded us on this matter? or the bearing is the same from manila immigration and CIC?

Thank you for shedding some light in our case.
9/11/2015
Topic:

rsvp04
rsvp04
Will certainly explain our side and hope they reconsider.

How about the erroneous marriage date I placed in the application form,instead of july 2,i placed july 4. This error wasnt indicated in the letter of explanation,but since I want to come and clean and redeem ourselves in the process. is it alright if I raise this in the letter as well?

Was there ever an applicant,in the history of your career,that a family still got approved of their visa despite the non declaration of their children, and the only downside was,they can no longer bring with the u declared children with them?

Feeling positive and hopeful here...
9/11/2015
Topic:

rsvp04
rsvp04
Correction:

Was there ever a time in the history of your career, that an applicant still got approved of their visa despite the undeclared children scenario,and the only repercussion to the situation was not being able to bring the undeclared children with them to canada?

Will CIC consider my explanation or is it catch 22? ( Damn if I do, damn if I dont situation )

Thank you again for all the help and support.
9/12/2015
Topic:

rsvp04
rsvp04
Thank you so much for all the help.

Medicals for our undeclared kids would be far fetch for now, ( i can already imagine what my ex would say ) . Though we have shared custody of our kids with our ex's, its still not being shared justifiably with us. If you know what I mean.
I will start creating my explanatation to CIC with the hope that they will still reconsider.

Will update you on our progress.

Thank you and more power to this website!