jay9099

all messages by user

8/4/2015
Topic:
Mistake in Citizenship Application

jay9099
jay9099
Hello,

I have applied for citizenship in March 2015. I just realise that, I wrote a wrong entry date into residency calculator with my citizenship application for Canada. Although, i have about 1099 days without counting this day. Anyone with this sort of experience? Will appreciate your help.

Dear All,

I need to enquire about the stupid mistake which I have made in my Citizenship Application. I was under the impression that when you land in Canada you are a landed immigrant until you get your PR card So, when you apply for your Citizenship you mention landing date and also the date when you became a PR holder and every day from landing to get your PR will be counted as 1/2 half day.

So, what I did in my application is that I mentioned in section 7 of the application in 7a I have mentioned the date on which I got my PR card and in section 7b I mentioned the landing date.

I have calculated my physical days in Canada based on above calculation and it comes out to be 1122 but if I had
calculated it correctly i.e. landing date is when I became Permanent Resident then it would be 1128.

Please advise what to do in order to make correction without delaying my application processing. I have not yet received acknowledgement from CIC.

I would appreciate an early reply from you on this specially from PMM and Boy Billy.

Thanks & Regards
M.Sharma

jay nandha