Lost password

blrobbins

all messages by user

9/20/2015
Topic:
My Children's OHIP has been Cancelled

blrobbins
blrobbins
My wife is Canadian, I am Australian and my 2 kids were born in Australia but have lived in Canada for 2 years. We just received a letter stating our kids OHIP has been cancelled due to non citizenship.

We had filled out all the forms but hadn't sent them through as we never received a record of Landing when we arrived here. In fact my little one doesn't even have any stamps in her passport. We have been to service ontario and tried ringing immigration and we get the run around everywhere we go.

We have health through my wife work but we need OHIP. Any recommendations?

Any info is appreciated

Thanks

Brad
9/20/2015
Topic:
My kids lost OHIP due to no Record of Landing

blrobbins
blrobbins
Hi
My wife is Canadian and I am Australian. My 2 kids were born in Australia but we live here now.

We just received a letter stating our kids have had there OHIP cancelled due to no citizenship.

We had the citizenship forms filled out for some time but haven't been able to complete as we need a record of landing which we definitely never received.

I have a confirmation of Perm Residence form and in dependant info at bottom they signed and left blank.

Neither daughter even had there passports stamped on entering.

We have been Service Ontario and they said they can't do anything go to CIC.

My wife went to office we were told to go to and it wasn't there, then spend hours trying to talk to someone on phone and each number is a recorded message.

This is a nightmare.

Im seeing so much different info on the imm1000 form and whether we should even have it or not, it is too confusing.

I found an imm1000 form which says I have to pay $450 for to get it urgently. REALLY.

My kids should have a right to health care as their mother is Canadian.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Brad
9/23/2015
Topic:
My kids lost OHIP due to no Record of Landing

blrobbins
blrobbins
thank you Anna yr information was helpful.
We'll keep trying to get in contact with CIC
Brad

Brad