Lost password

Direkgeri

all messages by user

9/27/2015
Topic:
Family Sponsorship

Direkgeri
Direkgeri
Hi there. I am a Canadian Citizen of originally from the Philippines.
I recently apply to sponsor my 21 year old son to immigrate to Canada only to find out that the rules (age bracket) has been changed to 19 years old in August 2014. Priot to these changes, the legal age used to be 22 years old. My application to sponsor my son has been denied last month. Is there anything i can do or other ways to sponsor or enable my son to join me here in Canada.

The reason why i only applied this year is he was finishing up his culinary arts education. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards.
Geri
5/3/2017
Topic:
Changes to Regulations

Direkgeri
Direkgeri
Hi there. I received an enewsletter communication from IRCC about Changes to Regulations on Immigration Sponsorship today.
IRCC announced that they will Increase the Age of Dependent Children from Under 19 to Under 22 which is how it was originally.

The thing is I applied to sponsor my son in 2015 and all along i know that the age bracket is 22. My son was 21 at that time.
The problem is Immigration Canada changed the age bracket that year and lowered it to 19. So unfortunately my application has been denied.
Why did they change it from 22 to 19 and then change it back to Age 22 after 2 years?
Is it possible to appeal for the government to reconsider my sponsorship application? All i want is to be reunited with my son.

Looking forward to your advice.

Thanks.
Direkgeri