min.trans

all messages by user

11/25/2015
Topic:
PR Card Renewal

min.trans
min.trans
Hi,

I have sent in my PR card renewal in Fe, 2015. I received a letter end March saying that my application has gone through Secondary review and to expect delays in processing. I have checked that the process takes 176 days according to the cic website.

Until now, I am still waiting to receive the new pr card and I am very upset as the New Year is near. I would like to go back to visit my elderly parents, both 80 and above, and they are looking forward to my visit. I am not able to fly back. I know that I can apply for a travel document if I were to leave Canada. By looking at the form, it is 3 pages and the questions asked are similar to the renewal application forms, but a brief one. There is no guarantee that the application will be approved though.

Am I right to say that the processing time of 176 days are calculated excluding weekends and public holidays? I have called cic a few times, and once I was even asked to just read out the letter. In fact, I just wanted to know if I have missed out anything in submission just in case.

Anyone can comment on this? Or just wait? I miss my parents so so much. Appreciate that someone can share your views on this.

12/8/2015
Topic:
PR Card Renewal

min.trans
min.trans

Sorry for that, it's going to year now!!
Can I ask; did you have 750days in canada before applying ? And did you document it with proofs?
Thanks

Yes, I have more than 750 days in Canada. And I have submitted all required documents. In fact, I called to ask if I have missed out anything, and the call centre agent said all is okay.
12/8/2015
Topic:
PR Card Renewal

min.trans
min.trans

Sorry for that, it's going to year now!!
Can I ask; did you have 750days in canada before applying ? And did you document it with proofs?
Thanks

Thanks all for your reply. I have also checked the status online, and it mentioned "in process".
1/14/2016
Topic:
PR Card Renewal

min.trans
min.trans
sure, still waiting.

Hi Min.Trans,

Would really appreciate if you can keep us posted when you get your PR Card. Thank you.